Friday, August 27, 2010

Pannkakor!!

Sorry for not posting much lately. It's been a crazy week. Friends came up, my office is moving locations, and I'm going to Pennsylvania later today (I hate flying...). So I've been running around, getting things in order before the flying coffin takes off. But! Things are packed, I'm hungry, and found a wonderful recipe for pannkakor.

This is originally a crepe recipe which I made a little thinner and cooked a little longer. It still doesn't imitate the first batch of (non-vegan) pannkakor that I had, but it's the best that I've had. This recipe is for savory pannkakor, but you can make it sweet by adding a little bit of sugar. Top it with some smör and lingonsylt and you have a wonderful fika! (Or for whatever meal you eat them for).

1/2 Cup Soymilk
2/3 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Earth Balance, melted
1 Cup Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
4 Tbs Water, to thin if needed (add 1 tbs at a time)

Place all the ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until smooth. Transfer to a 2 Cup measuring cup (for pouring) and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

When you're ready, melt a TINY pat of butter on a frying pan and pour the batter in a spiral pattern until they're as big as you want (I like 'em bigger). Wait until the edges are golden and slightly crispy and flip. Fry them on this side for a few minutes (they should be easy to lift and check for golden-ness after a minute). Stack them on a baking sheet and store in an oven at about 200ºF until the last one is ready, OR you can serve them immediately if you have impatient pannkakor guests.

Skål
Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment